Thursday, January 8, 2009

"We're supposed to help each other, supposed to love each other; And to me, that's more important than [sigh] having a perfectly clean house"

For a person like Suzie Bell, there's no compliment more vast or of higher regard, than one she will, on national television, admit is "more important than having a clean house. "

And yet, what has been started by these two phenominal leaders, my parents, is nothing short of amazing.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=6593866&page=1

It's an odd feeling, almost role reversal, when the child is proud of the parent. And maybe it's not that odd. It could be, just that it's less familiar, because it's more rare.

Nonetheless, last night as I watched on national television, my parents - two people who already serve as distinguished role models and inspirations in my life - I was extraordinarily proud. Like, pleasantly deeply, and unfamiliar-type proud.

And through one of the busier weeks I've had in a while, that pride has carried through. From meeting to meeting, and deadline to deadline, and a rather large ambush - I feel a calm and happiness. I'm a proud daughter. So there.

No comments: