Sunday, April 26, 2009

The slacking MUST stop



Yesterday morning, as I opened my eyes to the bright Arizona sun on Neil's fake velveteen couch, which has become my bed for the past month, I was immediately unhappy...very unhappy. I scrunched my eyes back closed. Owwww, that didn't help. Open them again. Owwwwwwwwww. I was ill.

My head was pounding from the front forehead area straight through to the back of my skull where the nape of my neck connects. My chin burned. My teeth and jaw ached - my ears and nose stung, like brutally so. This was miserable. What was this?

I proceeded to be completely worthless all day long, gruntng and rolling from side to side in pain while Neil waited on me, then laughed at me, poked me, snapped pictures and subsequently posted them on facebook (one picture of which, I've included for entertainment purposes)- capturing my misery every step of the way. Seinfeld provided a steady background noise. Was it a hangover? I think not, as I only had a few beers the night before - no more than usual, at least. Was it a 24 hour spell of every terrible feeling of sickness compounded into one? Meah.

It's over now. I woke this morning, my head still hurt, but significantly less so and enough which I can blog, drink coffee and later, lay out with Meggie at the pool.

I am still baffled, however. By far, in the top 5 sickest ever.

Today will be spent apartment shopping with Neil (we've found several month-to-month that will enable a quick move, say - to Panama - if necessary), poolside lounging and possibly shopping for a new purse...also with Neil.

And tomorrow - green day! Also known as - working from home. Yesssss! So far, 24 has been interesting.

1 comment:

U of Phoenix Alumni Spy said...

glad you're feeling better. sounds miserable! at least you don't have swine flu! Love you!