Sunday, August 23, 2009

[TFCV]- Texts from Carson's Visit

Prior to her arrival:

CR - Is there an Urban Outfitters in Phx?
RB - Haha. Yes, several. We're a real city.
CR - I'm gonna shop til I drop. I gotta find the good vintage shops too! I'm leaving in exactly one week!
RB - Oh yeah. I can't hardly wait at all.
CR - Not as excited about me Ralph.

CR - OMG I'm here.
RB - I'm around the corner! Go to the south curb and I'll get you!
CR - Will that be easy to find?

After her departue:

CR - Wow I got really emotional when I left. I just love you so much and am so lucky to have you as my friend. I had an incredible weekend and can't wait to see you soon.
RB - Truth: I sobbed the whole way home. I love you so much and SO glad you came.
CR - I hate being so far away. I hate being a grown up and I want to go back to Humphrey's.
RB - We all do girl. We all do.
CR - Love you and I'll text you when I get to MN.
RB - You better. Love you too Phyllis.

CR - So, I'm in an isle with three seats and it's me, a husband and wife and their 2-year-old all sharin three spots. The baby already crawled into my lap. I may not survive this three hour flight.


Great friends like her, are few and far between in my life. Part of what made me so sad, is that in spite of all the success and happiness I've had here in my two years as an Arizona resident, I've found nothing close to that. And I miss it.

Sometimes, it's a shame to be so far.

2 comments:

My Stomach is Expanding at an Alarming Rate said...

One of the bittersweet realities of living so far away from the people we love. It ALMOST makes me want to become the person who never leaves the town they grew up in - but then I snap back to reality - and how much I love the fact that I didn't stay...

If only everyone would just come to you - it would be nice...

Danielle said...

so sweet, sir. and so true. :( i miss you, sir!