Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cool it off now, Phx. That's enough.

90 degrees at 9:00am means the weather is starting to be less of an asshole.

And it seems the universe has thrown me a bone too, because I awoke feeling MUCH better and with less of a swollen dinosaur baby throat. However, despite my 13 sum hours of repose, I had also had some very vivid nightmares...one of them causing me to wake up at 3:00am - which, if you're me and you've seen the Exorcism of Emily Rose, you know that 3:00am is the hour of the devil and bad things happen then. I was like a child, and under the soft light of my patio window, proceeded to hide under my covers and force myself to think happy thoughts (Care Bears, the Fiesta Bowl?)...at which point I drifted back off into yet another nightmare.

I won't go into details on the dreams, except to say they revolved around one particular ex-boyfriend who has since been deported to Germany. Scary activity included getting shot in the back a number of times and the electric chair.

The mind is an eerie place sometimes. Especially if it's mine.

No comments: