Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bald Man - OUT

I've lived with my madman of a roomate, ole boy Neil, for over one year. Like me, Neil takes comfort in his routine, but unlike me, this usually consists of spending a whole lot of time at home. Yesterday, for the very first time, a very nervous Neil took off to Mexico, my custom travel checklist in hand. And for the first time since I moved in early last year, I find myself alone in the apartment. What does one do with this free time?? It's as if I've been raising a child for years, and for the first time, I have a weekend to do whatever I want.  

I'm so unacquainted with the silence, the absence of a steady tv buzz, of breakfast in bed and just, the presence of another individual in small quarters - that it feels like a new adventure, almost like traveleing abroad alone for the first time. So far this morning, I've found a few ways to navigate through this unfamiliarity:

9:45am -  Springing out of bed, limping across the room towards my leg brace and once intact, dancing around in my oversized boy underwear. We all know the scene from Charlie's Angels.

10:00am - Blasting of KT Tunstall, The Cranberries and Annie Lenox 

10:15am - Consumption of almost an entire pot of coffee. I...forgot...I...was...only...making...for...one!!!

10:17am - Perhaps a product of the above liquid consumption, I've now taken to cleaning everything in sight. No lampshades, window sills, clock radios or carpet stains have been spared. 

The adventures of Reb & Reb will surely ensue. Stay tuned.

No comments: