Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Little Pre Ho, Ho, Ho

The holidays always make me pensive. Not sure if it's the Christmas music, or the cooler weather (think, 65 degrees in Arizona), the ubiquity to drink and eat in excess, or just the sheer time away from the everyday grind. And although we're not there yet, I can already feel it coming on like a bad hangover, or a case of the impossible-to-rid hiccups. My mentality is merry, and with that, the need to build things (see displayed cabinets).

I'm in my new house now, and beginning to settle in each day. And as I start to peruse and plan for Christmas presents for those in my life that have made the cut this year (the list counts nearly 20 people, yeaaaaaahh), I also find myself slipping into that nostalgic holiday mind-set. As I said, I'm jolly, and I'm also more thankful than other times of the year - for an amazing family that loves me unconditionally; deep, lifelong friendships; James Taylor; a dead mouse; and really, for all the love and happiness that somehow inevitably surrounds my fortunate 25-year old self.

Here we go, holidays. Here we go Razorbacks (kiss it, LSU)! I'm excited for what you've got this year.

3 comments:

My Life is in Boxes said...

Good to see your spirits up! We DO have so much to be thankful for! :) Enjoy your weekend!

The Possum Hunter said...

Enjoy your boxes! The unpacking is actually pretty exciting, in my experience. :)

VBS Singer said...

LS Who??????????????