Sunday, January 23, 2011

Heidi, the Cross Eyed... OMG

When news hit the US of a cross-eyed possum named Heidi, dubbed Germany's latest star, it's no surprise that the floodgates opened wide and headed right for my inbox. Emails, phone calls - the works, all making sure I was aware of this varmint in the Leipzig Zoo. In fact, there were two separate newpaper articles, hand clipped and waiting for me on my desk when I returned from Costa Rica. 

So, as I read on to find out what the German fuss was about, I found myself aghast. See for yourself, why don't you?


While I enjoy a freak-show as much as the next guy,  this Heidi character really bothered me. The crossed-eye charm, they're saying, is due to her being so overweight... which, only makes Heidi look even more petrifying if you ask me -  what with her PROTRUDING eyes and portly, unsteady carcass. OMG. The fact that millions of individuals have banded together under the notion that this beast is somewhat cute... is causing me anxiety.

Crazy Germans.

1 comment:

VBS Singer said...

Hate to remind you that you are part German