Sunday, September 28, 2008

Finding My Niche

Each crevice my feet finds in my newly washed sheets feels like boiling water. The breeze from my fan feels cool on my arms and chest, but it's too cool. I can't take it. I'm freezing and my feet, ankles, legs - they're all sweltering.

I can't sleep. Extremely odd, because the number of times in my life that I've had trouble getting to sleep could be easily counted on my left hand. 

My feet feel around for new, at the moment cooler crevices. Within nearly two seconds, the new digs are too hot. 

Which keeps me searching. And will keep me searching until - well, until I'm asleep. Here's to hopelessly tending to two opposite feelings in search of one solution. Here's hoping I can find it.


1 comment:

Danielle said...

sir, what's wrong w/ you?