Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May Weekend Hopping: Part 3


Finally - the last stop on my May train-o-traveling across the country: Ohio. I must admit, I have decided to give Ohio another chance, as this previous trip placed it in an entirely new, cute light.

I departed an hour and a half late on Friday morning and because of US Airways' terribleness, had to go straight to dinner then straight to the baccalaureate service at the church at which I had to quickly change from my leggings to proper graduation attire. Ugh.

Being in a church brought back my long-established fears and bad feelings - of singing. It's horrible, really. The songs that are in the hymnals and that are chosen in church-related activity are some of the most challenging to sing. And if you're me, and try and mouth the songs (sort of a whisper). I've found you get judged even more in doing this. So, I try and sing. And all hell breaks loose.

The weekend continued with a seminary graduation (in which our family tried to be the loudest and upon April's name being called, did the wave), and two church services. My fear and uneasiness of the church-singing only worsened. By the last Sunday, contemporary service, I was mouthing the lyrics and feeling like a fat kid who keeps his t-shirt on at the pool.

But aside from the singing - I was able to mostly enjoy myself catching up with family. Grandma Steger brought me a fresh and abundant stack of crossword puzzles which I proudly brought back with me, along with the vivid memory of the family playing rock band, permanently (well... we'll see about that) imprinted into my brain. Everyone seemed well and happy. Next reunion: Bell Boy Reunion 2009.

After I was delayed, yet again, 3 HOURS on my flight home, I arrived late Sunday night and fell into a complete exhaustion.

Since, my throat has swollen up the size of a baby dinosaur...AGAIN. My small to-do list has spiraled out of control. My perfect balanced world is upside down. I'm looking forward to being in town this weekend.

It's so fucking good to be back.

Lah de dah.

No comments: