Saturday, February 6, 2010

Weekly Google Autofill

Ways to...

...get kicked out of Walmart
...make money
...say i love you
...save money
...make money fast
...get pregnant
...induce labor
...tie a scarf
...make extra money
...wear a scarf

The most notable of this autofill to me, is the first item. Ways to get kicked out of Walmart? Why would that be the most frequently searched term? And the scarf obsession...trust me, I get it. I have the obsession. But really, people...either you have it or you don't. Get with the program.

Never cease to be amazed.

Interestingly enough, if you change the search just slightly to "Ways in which" you get...

...hiv is transmitted
...people learn
...the body excretes waste
...waves travel
...we can increase water supplies
...american society is stratified
...cells use energy
...slaves resisted slavery
...synaptic transmission ceases
...viruses are transmitted

I mean, wow. The minor deviation in search terms to cater to a slightly more intelligent way of thinking and... the result is nearly transposed.

Curious, this Google autofill. My fixation is hardly satisfied.

No comments: