Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Little State Government Satire






















Passing thoughts as I breezed past this hanging in the back hall of my office building today...

1. Our office complex offers Weight Management Classes? They don't seem to be working. Perhaps that's why they've begun.
2. Why wasn't I invited? What else am I not being told about? I came upon a fry bread sale the other day, and they were sold out by the time I hit up enough colleagues for change.
3. Given that the time period in which this was posted (lunch hour), I'm highly skeptical of its success.
4. I deem the fourth floor to be quite the wise selection. Had they chosen the eleventh, it'd have been a moot point and they may as well have kept it on the first since everybody would have taken the elevator. But the fourth... the fourth is within stair travel reach.

And, against all odds...

5. Finally, state government (even if in this single instance) has started to think a bit like me. A little bit of proactive + a little bit of twisted irony.
 

No comments: