Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"It's the little things in life, ma'am"



There's a guy at Walgreen's, who works in the photo department, that lives by the mantra that it's the little things in life that make a difference. On several occasions, he's demonstrated this to me.

A few months back, I was getting pictures developed and he told me to wait a few minutes for them to print. I wandered into the used-movie section and awaited my pictures. As I read the back cover of "The Story of Us," my pictures popped into my line of sight. There he was - this photo technician - standing there with a smile, hand-delivering my order to me in my isle. Surprised, I said, "Wow sir, thank you so much - you didn't have to bring these to me over here."

"It's the little things in life, ma'am," he said with a smirk.


Months later, I'm wondering if he's right.

Dear Walgreen's worker on 16th and Camelback: You're much more than a photo-technician. And, I think you're fantastic.

4 comments:

Super Secret Keeper!! said...

if more people realized what an amazing impact small things can have... the world would be a better place.

Cheers to the Walgreens Man!

The Possum Hunter said...

I'm glad you appreciated the Walgreens Man as much as I!

Cheers to the little things, damnit.

Danielle said...

sir, two things...

okay, three...

first of all, that was very funny/insightful...

second, that has happened to me at walgreens, too! my passport photo "popped" into my line of sight as i was perusing the magazines...

third, that is very odd that you were reading the back of "story of us"... i watched that the other day... which is weird since it's not a very new/good/well-known flick...

interesting.

The Possum Hunter said...

Sir -

It must be a Walgreens thing - maybe a corporate mission statement:

"Show customers the strength and importance of 'the little things."

And as for "The Story of Us," well - it must be that we have like-minds again. Go figure.