Monday, July 6, 2009

To the Swansons - a lifetime of fireworks


This weekend, one which another year of our independence was celebrated, Coronas consumed and fireworks displayed - was also one which two fine Canadians became one...in a little town called Czar, Alberta. Tuques anyone?

Seven years ago, at the age of 17, I arrived in Sydney to cheer in the Down Under Bowl. It was at that time that I met two co-cheerleaders from Colorado, Mollie & Ashley. I remember sitting on the Gold Coast, burying my feet in the sand with these two new friends. We quickly began telling each other all about our future husbands and how our weddings would be. We mapped out our lives. (Back then, I was a sap, yes.) The immediate bond was strange, but I knew without a doubt, we would be friends for a long time. What we didn't know without a doubt - was that the boy that Ashley spoke of that summer seven years back - turned out to be her husband.

And as the fireworks went off over the lake Saturday night - I smiled, knowing that something similar was going on just a wee bit more north of my desert abode. :)

Congratulations Ashley & Clinton Swanson. I'm unbelievably happy for the two of you and eagerly await what wonderful things life brings to your marriage.

3 comments:

Super Secret Keeper!! said...

you're still a little bit of a sap... just a little bit!

The Possum Hunter said...

Sap?

Never!

The Possum Hunter said...

Never a sap!