Monday, November 9, 2009

Three Estrellas, I came and I went



New York left me with three painful blisters on my right heel. I literally limped off the plane from Chicago to Phoenix. Was it from stomping across Manhattan in stilettos? Not exactly. Us non-Manhattanites are simply not used to walking, as sad as that is. When I travel my normal 4-5 miles, it's in running shoes, not ballet flats.

I'm back in my comfortable 80 degrees. And at 11:00pm, I find myself mopping the floors, doing laundry and being productive in my own sense...replying to emails and
formulating baby shower plans, salon marketing plans for friends, and making a list of Uggs to pick up for my girls at the infamous Last Chance.

But to provide an update on New York City; it was as magical as expected. Absolutely beautiful women of every walk of life and an overly thriving metropolis crammed into a tiny island. Beautiful diversity from Harlem to Midtown, it's a city of dreams and crackheads. To my surprise and dissapointment, I didn't come upon any ditry rats. I also didn't find New York to be as outrageously overpriced as it's been fabled to be. For $6, I was able to find my favorite beer from Barcelona, Estrella Damm. See pictured elation. And, $15 for brunch - same as any old meal in the south. Dear New York - don't act pretentious. Making yourself out to be more snobby and elite than you actually are is hurtful and a letdown. We all know you have a lot going for you, but simmer a bit. Are we still talking about the city? Uhm.

It's wonderful to be back. I missed Charlie (my flourishing hanging plant) and sunny weather. I might have missed my silly routine. My after-work jog today gave me a sense of fulfillment unimaginable. And just hopping back into life in Phoenix was so stupidly fabulous.

It's good to be home. So good to be home.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

oh, sir... so glad you had fun.

miss you!

love,
sir

The Possum Hunter said...

Sir, miss you too. Maybe next stop is Nashville?