Sunday, November 1, 2009

Post-Halloween Notion

Another great conversation with my dear friend Carson has left me pensive this evening. It has also left me hopelessly missing her, among all my other lovelies...who are scattered across the US. It continues to be bittersweet to live in Phoenix, Arizona.

What she quoted - from another wonderful friend of mine - seemed slightly cliche at the time, but has somehow stuck with me for the remainder of my Sunday evening.

People come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

Turns out, the person who had quoted this had just broken up with her boyfriend of over a year. She looked at the relationship and suddenly realized, it wasn't the 'forever' spot this boyfriend was occupying. And so, there was nothing else to do.

When I think of my life today and of the relationships I have, it's interesting to put this idea into play.

Something to ponder, if nothing else...

2 comments:

Sumer said...

You have no idea how many times I have repeated that EXACT quote to myself!! And in my wise 32 1/2 years ;-) I find it to be very true! There are several people that were very important parts of my life and now we no longer speak for various reasons. But the times that they were there is exactly when I needed them! Does that make sense?!
Hugs from your cousin in OK!!

The Possum Hunter said...

I totally agree, as I apply the phrase more and more to my life, it's oddly true.

Love to you from Az. :)