Sunday, June 20, 2010

ILYR

It's true. And since it's Father's Day, I thought I'd specifically talk about my daddy.

If I'm an oxymoron, then I guess I know where I got it. Dan Bell...

...People Magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" who walks around the house (sometimes even venturing into public) with no shirt, and grungy knee-high gym socks.

 ...A brilliant and respected doctor who is still very much stumped by technology. "I had them send the email to danbell@xyz.com, and then I realized it was danbell@Wxyz.com. I reckon that's close enough."

...A hardworking, man's man who can appreciate the subleties of good wine. Well, that of Yellow Tail at least.

...An Arkansas legend for leading a life of selfless charity who simply doesn't take things all that seriously:

"Daddy, my head hurts and I think my throat is swollen."
"Honey, clean your room and don't talk back to your mother."

Or need I bring up the time that he diagnosed the dog with "Er-lick-ulosis"- a disease contracted from licking too many things?

...A southern man by day - fashionista and phone gossipper by night. The resemblance is uncanny. Like father - like daughter.

My hero, and my biggest, baldest fan - I am every bit the person I am today because of him. Happy Father's Day, papita. I Love You, Rebekah (ILYR)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thoroughly enjoyed that, fond memories of Dr. Bell came to mind, the entire Bell family actually. Hope you're all happy and well..

Alison

The Possum Hunter said...

A quick tribute to Dr. Bell was in order today.

Glad you enjoyed.

Definitely fond memories of the Fitzsimmons as well. :)

Anonymous said...

You make me proud!!! ILYD