Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Remember the Admonition"


When I broke the news to my friend Carson, she was beside herself with a joy, voracity and curiosity I've never encountered before. In her thick Southern drawl, she told me she "couldn't have been happier for me if I announced I was getting married." And oddly, she's being 100% sincere.

The exciting news? I've been selected to serve as a juror on a six-week trial. As you might expect, I'm not allowed to discuss anything beyond that. Somehow that hasn't stopped coworkers, friends and family from making it their personal duty to pry any information from me possible. My boss actually tasked the entire marketing team to expulse as much information from me as physically possible. But somehow, I've managed to provide zero information to the animals. Every day as court lets out, the judge tells us to "remember the admonition." And I most certainly will. It's a once in a lifetime experience, and I will make damn sure I do it right.

One thing I will say, is that it's been an interesting journey thus far. At the end of all of this - I look forward to sharing all the juicy details. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Let's hope you're not selected as the alternate. That would suck!