Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"See ya, rat"

I'm standing on my two feet here; no, not figuratively (I just said that to one of my girlfriends, and she congratulated me, thinking I was standing firm and not budging on an issue). No, literally, I'M STANDING ON MY TWO FEET HERE.

Today was my dreaded orthopedic doctor appointment (marking three months exactly of endless ridicule, constant explaining to strangers and friends how it was broken , putrid odors and not to mention -  immobility). And to my surprise and extreme delight, the wonderful, wise and whimsical, Dr. Wisler informed me that my stubborn metatarsal bone had healed at a rapid rate over the past month (45% healed compared to 0% only a month ago), and that if I felt comfortable, I could discontinue the use of the boot, and start wearing flats. 

I nearly kissed the man. I nearly married him.

He leaned towards me, "Not heels, Rebekah. FLATS," furrowing his brow so I could grasp the severity.
FINE BY ME.

Walking out of there, I felt so special, and so happy. I would be willing to bet I was as happy, or happier than many girls on their wedding day. It was MY day, and I had really arrived.

Buh bye and peace out, boot. Hope I won't be seeing you around.

1 comment:

JAB said...

You done did it! I think I'll buy you a cake!! I am betting on a post in a couple weeks with a startling realization that you actually have nostalgic longings for the god forsaken thing...