Monday, November 3, 2008

OCD, I has it

Those that know me well (and those that don't, frankly) would be quick to point out my quickness to become obsessed with a variety of things. Things that scare me, things that are completely unknown to me and things that I find odd or amusing.

Off the top of my head, the below list is a collective compilation of recent obsessions:

1. Possums
2. Southern Flea Markets
3. Skunks
4. Running
5. FBI's Top 10 Most Wanted Fugitives
6. Idioms

My most recent obsession being, idioms. Why is it that the history of certain phrases that we use each day are so damn interesting? Let me shed some light on my most recent idioms of choice:

1. Clean your clock (I plan to single-handedly bring this one back. Although it has, and I assume still is, in use in the Bell household, I have a hunch, that's its sole use).
2. Go fly a kite
3. He's planted his last potato (Swedish idiom meaning "he's had it")

I plan to research more about the backgrounds of these, and many others tomorrow, likely at work.

Other equally important occurances tomorrow: the election and the arrival of Dan and Suz. Speaking of obsessions, there's another one: I can't invite or have guests in my home if it's not completely spotless. SO, I'm off to clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love he's just planted his last potato -
did you come up with that one yourself?

Genius...

Hope you had fun with the fam. Can't wait to hear all about .