Tuesday, November 25, 2008

when your antivirus software is sending you threats, it's time to heave home

And I quote, "Your subscription has expired! Expiration date: Thursday, June 12, 2008. You can no longer download security updates. Your computer may begin to perform more slowly and erratically as malicious software begins to infest the hard drive and memory.

Renew your subscription now to restore your protection!"


Wait a minute. Did that subscription reminder just THREATEN me? Not only will I not renew - I'm launching a full on WAR. Let me just say, that I don't enjoy getting threatened from A POP UP (or hack copywriter, which I imagine is the source). AND, after a not so enjoyable day.

And thus, I imagine they will not enjoy getting complaints from me. By complaints, I mean - watch out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm assuming you know this is a total hoax... what's up with the expiration in June and you are just now finding out? someone has hacked your computer!!!
U of Phoenix? Sounds like their style...

Anonymous said...

WHY haven't you blogged yet about our recent rise to royalty???!!! Seriously... get with it!

The Possum Hunter said...

Dear U of Phoenix Spy:

Yes, I know it's a hoax. But for a company to threaten me, like I'm an idiot, really gets my bloody pumping.

I'm sure you know, being behind the threat and all...