Monday, February 9, 2009

Twenty-Five Things – If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em:

25) Three key insecurities of mine – my horizontal belly-button, my fat fingers and my ankles.

24) I find pretty boys terribly unattractive.

23) My obsession with scarves has taken a turn from acceptable to obscene. Note: I reside in a city where the use of them, is entirely unnecessary.

22) Two of my dearest friends are ones that I met while in Australia in the summer of 2002. We have never lived in the same town and have maintained a long-distance friendship over several countries, cities and years.

21) As I get older, (gasp) the more and more I’m just like my mother.

20) My Pandora (online radio) stations have the likes of Rod Stewart, Giuseppe Verdi, Amos Lee, Manu Chao and Prince.

19) I sweat when I drink orange juice. Like, visibly.

18) I experienced a heart-wrenching passing of a good friend’s father a little over a year ago. I’ll never be the same.

17) When I was in the sixth grade, my house burned to the ground. I remember watching it burn, and wondering if it was the evil tarot cards I played the night before that caused it.

16) If I had to choose between eggs and beer, I’d be painstakingly torn.

15) I’m traveling to Panama in three weeks to visit an entire side of my family I’ve never known.

14) My memory – is steadily getting worse. I’m 23.

13) Biggest Fear? Obesity.

12) I sleep with an electric blanket. In the desert.

11) I don’t like sweets.

10) It’s been brought to my attention, that I just might be the most curious person ever. I’m worried one day, it’ll get the best of me.

9) Sometimes I look at my name, and it seems terribly unfamiliar.

8) Horror Movies: they’re my favorite.

7) Guilty pleasures include “Brothers and Sisters”, superhero little-boy underwear and Dr. Pepper.

6) While traveling abroad, I had a 10 minute window to catch a train from our arriving ferry coming from Greece to an Italian train station, the only train of the day. As the boat pulled ashore, only one taxi awaited. We were 8 minutes from the station. I still think of that as the ride of my (and the Italian taxi driver’s) life. I’m quite certain the driver will pass the story down for generations to come.

5) Speaking of Europe – I stole a book in France from a gift shop. I just shoved it in my purse. I still have it in my bookshelf.

4) I wish I cared more about politics, but I simply don’t.

3) I started off saying I never wanted kids. And lately, I’m not so positive.

2) I’ve undergone a drastic lifestyle change and ran the ½ Marathon last month. I know for the rest of my life, I’ll be a runner. Thank you, Kate. Yes we can!

1) As a kid, my dad told me STOP stood for “skid tires on pavement.” Still today, that’s the precise way I choose to live my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

#21 - The first step is admitting you have a problem.
#15 - And it's going to be awesome!
#12 -You come by your cold-natured status naturally. Definitely genetic.
#5 - IT'S TIME TO GIVE BACK THE BOOK!!
#3 - HA! My future child will push you over the edge! :)

The Possum Hunter said...

Yes - your future child may push me over the edge.

But not before they're dressed head-to-toe in fashionable apparel.

Uggs and all...

Anonymous said...

#21 YES!! The 3rd try is the charm!!!!

The Possum Hunter said...

VBS AM -

Could your acronym possibly stand for "Vacation Bible School in the AM?"

You're less sneaky than you think...

Anonymous said...

Busted!!